What is Geraniol?
Geraniol is a monoterpenoid best known for its presence in roses, giving them their distinctive smell. This terpene is also abundant in lemongrass, citronella, and geranium. When isolated, geraniol is a colorless to slightly yellow oil. Geraniol has a scent familiar to many because it provides flowers with a floral and somewhat citrusy aroma.
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Consistency: Liquid
- Odor: Floral, rose, citrus
- Taste: Sweet floral, citrus
- Boiling point: 230ºC
- Flash point: 108ºC
- Solubility: In water, 100 mg/L at 25ºC
- Formula: C10H18O
- Density: 0.8894 g/cm3 at 20ºC
- Molecular Weight: 154.253 g/mol
Where to buy Geraniol
You can purchase the Geraniol isolate from Floraplex Terpenes in a variety of sizes at extremely competitive prices with free shipping to anywhere in the continental United States on orders over $30.